Ed-Way is going to be presented at the 11th annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference
Valencia, 6th, 7th and 8th of March, 2017.
Ed-Way Special Session, with title: Technology enhanced education to adults and seniors; soft skills, dynamics and connections for an impressive learning experience
This special session is co-organised by the Centre for the Innovation and Development of Education and Technology, in Castellón, Spain. We offer this session in the framework of the EHLSSA (http://ehlssa.odl.org/) and Ed-Way (http://www.ed-way.eu/) Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic partnership projects, in both of them related to technology-enhanced education.
We aim to show the results of both projects, but also the lessons learned when designing virtual learning environments, course contents and planning educational activities based on information and communication tools (ICT) for adults and senior citizens.
The use of virtual learning environments and ICT tools for teaching and learning purposes has been demonstrated to be very powerful to ease the acquisition of skills and attitudes that go further than the mere transmission of knowledge. We want to focus here on the use of ICT to learn the specific knowledge of a course (history, arts, economy, business, society, sciences,…) while making possible also to learn transversal competences (collaboration, creativity, abstraction, leadership…) and long-life competences (adaptation, positive attitude, support, identity building, goals-motivation…)
The design of the course and the learning environments should be tailored to our group of students, in our case adults and senior citizens. That is people with a lot of life experience, while usually prefer face to face teaching, therefore, they have preconceived ideas about e-learning. On the other side they are usually intrinsically motivated (no need of a degree or job requirements) and their main aim to learn is because they like or enjoy.
The use of this double approach (the course objectives while focusing on the transversal competences by the use of ICT tools) make possible an increase in the motivation, interest, and impact on the learner, the group, and the organisation or society, which against reverts on the learner.
The benefits obtained from participating in this session are:
- Understand and clarify the seniors’ needs in the context of lifelong learning
- Discover the soft skills and competencies that can be potentiated by the use of information and communication tools
- How the use of technology and its application to educational context can facilitate the learning of adults and seniors of citizens
- Learn from our experience on the implementation of two Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership projects. Results demo.
- Discuss and share with the session participants the potentialities of the technology, the use of virtual learning environments and further work.
- Experiences in Education: Lifelong Learning
- Technological Issues in Education: e-Learning
- Technological Issues in Education: Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Curriculum design and innovation: Strategies, Principles, and Challenges
- Trainers, coach, and tutors that aim to use virtual learning environments to teach to adult and senior citizens
- Researchers in the field of e-learning, and the Learning Management Systems
- Content designers and courses creators
- Getting together life-competences and soft skills with digital skills; technology-enhanced education to adults.
- Senior citizens learning on-line; needs and expectations
- Teaching Information and communication technologies to senior citizens for and quality of life increase
- Outside the box informal learning through technology. Promoting an informal learning enhanced by technology; Ed-Way project
- Virtual on-line learning; the evolution and grow of senior citizens
- Mixing personal and social; putting in common individual and networked learning in virtual space
You are invited to come to INTED 2017 and join our special seminar !!!